siapa sih kamu??


“….I want you to know that today I’ll be speaking from my heart and as a true friend of Israel.”

“Those who threaten Israel threaten us… I will bring to the White House an unshakable commitment to Israel’s security.”

“I will insure that Israel can defend itself from any threat from Gaza to Tehran. Defense cooperation, defense cooperation between the United States and Israel is a model of success and it must be deepened.”

“We should work - we should work with Israel, increasing scientific collaboration and join research and development. The surest way to increase our leverage in the long-term is to stop bankrolling the Iranian regime.”

My father was from Kenya, and a lot of people in his village were Muslim. He didn't practice Islam. Truth is he wasn't very religious. He met my mother. My mother was a Christian from Kansas, and they married and then divorced. I was raised by my mother. So, I've always been a Christian. The only connection I've had to Islam is that my grandfather on my father's side came from that country. But I've never practiced Islam. … For a while, I lived in Indonesia because my mother was teaching there. And that's a Muslim country. And I went to school. But I didn't practice. But what I do think it does is it gives me insight into how these folks think, and part of how I think we can create a better relationship with the Middle East and that would help make us safer is if we can understand how they think about issues.

These statements raise two questions: What is Obama's true connection to Islam and what implications might this have for an Obama presidency?

0 comments: